Its a well known fact that many students might spend their spare time at college playing DOTA. Why not spend your study time doing the same? Well, in China, you can.
According to CQ News, Chongqing Energy College now has a course on Defense of the Ancients, aka DOTA. (Note: The article did not specify whether the class covers Dota 2.)
As That’s points out, the course is called “Recent Development of Electronic Sports and Analysis of DOTA” and is limited to only 90 students. That apparently doesn’t stop over two hundred students from squeezing into the lecture hall.
During the course, various DOTA strategies are analysed with the goal to help students not only improve their own coordination and motivation but help inspire different ways of thinking. The implication, of course, is that these skills are beneficial and necessary in the working world.
What are your views on this? let me know over at @xperiencegaming or over at https://www.facebook.com/XperienceGaming.co.uk
EA are giving out free games to players, a way to say sorry for the recent issues that players faced.
A message on the official SimCity site reads:
“As a token of our appreciation for all the support we’ve received from SimCity fans over the past week EA is offering a free EA PC digital download game to anyone who purchases and authenticates SimCity by March 25, 2013 at 11:59pm PST, in order to be eligible for the free game offer, you simply need to activate your game before March 25, 2013 at 11:59PM PST. Once activated you will see the Featured Today pop-up window with a link to the free game redemption portal on startup, and once a day when you finish playing SimCity.”
The selection includes Mass Effect 3, Bejeweled 3, SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Plants Vs. Zombies, Battlefield 3 and Dead Space 3, which only came out a little over a month ago, so this is quite generous.
The full version of the BioShock Infinite TV commercial today, fleshing out the slightly less interesting short version that can be seen on TV. The trailer adds a whole 30-seconds of extra footage, yay!
Check out the trailer below and get excited as BioShock Infinite is out next week, on March 26th.
Today DICE has revealed that they will soon be revealing Battlefeild 4, with a teaser clip pointing to a full trailer on March 27th, halfway into the GDC 2013.
This news comes from a Tweet posted by the official Battlefield Twitter page,“Straight from the video editing suite: Prepare 4 Battle – 03.27! This sneak peek now, more soon. (Please RT!… http://vine.co/v/bpeapQiWB3l”
The trailer is apparently be available to Battlefield Premium members first with an added bonus of an exclusive set of dog tags emblazoned with “I Was There” for being among the first to watch the Battlefeild 4 debut trailer.
To watch the teaser clip, head here, and as soon as the Battlefield 4 announcement trailer hits on March 27th, we will post it here.
SimCity’s persistent server issues are being worked on around the clock to ensure the game launches as smoothly as possible in Europe at midnight tonight (March 8), according to EA.
The studio said that it is “aggressively undergoing maintenance” on the game’s servers to tackle the problems that marred its launch in the US, MCV reports.
“We are experiencing extremely high server volume and it’s preventing some players from gaining access to the game,” said an EA spokesperson. “Our server team is working around the clock to resolve this issue so that we can get the rest of our fans into the game.
“We are aggressively undergoing maintenance on our servers to add the necessary capacity to meet the demand. Players may continue to play throughout the weekend but we want to note that performance will fluctuate during this time. We thank our fans for their continued patience.”
EA’s Origin service is said to have been unable to handle the volume of traffic SimCity attracted at launch, preventing some players from downloading the game, and others from accessing it.
The firm has since resolved some of the issues, but some users are still reporting delays of up to three hours when waiting for the game to unlock.
SimCity players have taken to the game’s Twitter and Facebook accounts to vent their frustration, and it currently holds a user score of 2.1 on reviews aggregator Metacritic.
Thief has been announced by Eidos Montreal.
The reboot of the classic stealth series has been revealed in the latest issue of US magazine Game Informer.
It will see the return of series lead Garrett as he explores a steampunk metropolis known as the City, a place ruled by a tyrant named the Baron.
Eidos Montreal was the team behind the critically-acclaimed Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
Thief will be available on PS4, PC and other next generation platforms, suggesting a release on the new Xbox.
“We’re handling a precious gemstone with Thief,” said Eidos Montreal general manager Stephane D’Astous.
“Fans remember the original games very fondly and we want to preserve that essence – which we have excellent experience of doing at Eidos-Montreal – whilst also introducing Thief to a brand new, next-generation, audience.
“Our goal is to deliver the fantasy of being Garrett, THE master thief, and we’re building this game around that core experience.”
The reboot of Thief as unveiled by Game Informer. Thief 4 was informally announced by Eidos in early 2009, saying it would “break new ground” with the franchise. It was then rumoured to be shown at the Game Developer Conference in 2011.
The franchise debuted in 1998 on PC with Thief: The Dark Project. Latest title Thief: Deadly Shadows saw a release on the original Xbox and PC in 2004.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has received a new version update on Steam.
Version 1.9 adds the new Legendary difficulty setting, while also removing the level cap by introducing legendary skills.When a skill reaches level 100, players will now have the option to make it a legendary skill. Doing so resets the skill to level 15 and return its perks, allowing users to level up the skill again.
There is also a wide range of bug fixes in version 1.9, including a number of quest-specific fixes, a reduction of random dragon encounters after the main quest and a “fixed rare instance of couriers who would appear only dressed in a hat”.
The update is currently in beta on Steam, so users can go into the game’s properties through their Steam client in order to opt in for beta updates.
Bethesda says that it plans to release the version 1.9 update on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 later this monthFind a full list of the version 1.9 bug fixes below:
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed issue with quest scripts that were not shutting down properly
- Companions will equip better weapons and armour if given to them
- Fixed rare issue where player is unable to learn the Clear Skies shout during “The Throat of the World”
- Fixed rare instance where Alduin would become invincible during ‘Alduin’s Bane’
- Fixed a rare issue where player could become stuck in Night Mother’s coffin during ‘Death Incarnate’
- Fixed rare issue where protected companions could be killed from poison damage
- Fixed rare issue with certain ash piles left from resurrected NPCs not clearing properly
- Fixed rare issue with NPCs and creatures respawning improperly after player fast travels
- Fixed rare crash when entering Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
- Fixed rare crash when entering a player owned home
- Random dragon attacks will no longer occur during ‘Battle for Whiterun’
- Fixed a rare crash when attempting to save your game during ‘Waking Nightmare’
- Fixed issue where ‘Glory of the Undead’ would not start properly if player is in combat with Eorlund Gray-Mane
- The white phial is no longer consumed if given to a follower
- If player marries Aela, the ‘Totem of Hircine’ quest will be available
- Unused briar hearts can be dropped after finishing ‘The White Phial’
- Fixed issue with paying off a crime against the Companions that prevented player from getting Companions quests properly
- Thieves Guild caches are now properly enabled in the appropriate cities
- The Dragon Infusion perk now works properly when taking Esbern’s Potion
- Cragslane Cave properly resets if player receives a radiant quest to clear it out
- Fixed rare issue with bounty quest objectives not properly clearing after completion
- Gallus’s Encoded Journal is no longer a quest item after completing the Thieves Guild
- In ‘No Stone Unturned’ Vex will now accept Unusual Gems if you’ve collected them all before starting the quest
- Vekel the Man now gives rewards for completing ‘Toying with The Dead’
- Fixed rare issue with being unable to turn in stolen items in ‘The Litany of Larceny’
- Fixed issue with followers becoming over-encumbered after being repeatedly rehired
- Fixed rare issue with visiting Kynesgrove on horseback not progressing ‘A Blade in the Dark’ properly
- Fixed issue with receiving a duplicate radiant quest from a Jarl
- Fixed conflict with clearing Driftshade Sanctuary before starting ‘Trouble in Skyrim’
- Fixed issue with using shouts while in jail and having guards unlock the jail cell
- Fixed rare issue with quest NPCs not properly moving to quest locations
- Fixed issue with NPCs not selling master level spells
- Fixed rare issue where player gets control locked outside the Thalmor Embassy at the start of ‘Diplomatic Immunity’
- Fixed rare issue with disappearing containers after upgrades in player owned house
- Fixed issue with being erroneously attacked while as a werewolf during ‘Ill Met By Moonlight’
- The Ebony Blade is now only improved by two handed perks
- Locked door to Proudspire Manor can now be unlocked by proper key
- Fixed issue with merchants not receiving the proper additional gold with the Investor perk
- Fixed a rare issue where the player would be unable to learn a word after leaving for several days during ‘The Way of The Voice’
- The Nord Hero Bow can now be improved
- The Purity perk no longer requires the Experimenter perk
- Fixed rare instance where Lovers Comfort would not be applied properly
- If you approach Frostmere Crypt from the north, ‘The Pale Lady’ will start properly
- Fixed rare issue where player could be prevented from speaking with Atub to start ‘The Cursed Tribe’
- Fixed rare issue where a dragon could appear in the Mind of a Madman realm and kill the player
- Fixed instance where player could get stuck in Japhet’s Folly
- Fixed rare instances where Arngeir would not teach Worldwind Sprint
- Fixed issue with ‘Ill Met By Moonlight’ if Sinding dies before the quest starts
- Gharol can now properly train up to level 75
- Fixed conflict with visiting The Karthspire before starting ‘Alduin’s Wall’
- Reduced the instance of random dragon attacks after fast travelling post main quest
- Recruited Blades now have appropriate dialogue while at Sky Haven Temple
- Fixed rare issue where an incorrect dungeon could appear as a location during ‘Totems of Hircine’
- Fixed rare instance in ‘Fetch Me That Book’ where books found before getting the quest would not be properly recognised
- Fixed rare issue with travelling to Thalmor Embassy with companions during ‘Diplomatic Immunity’
- Fixed issues with Matching Set perk not working properly with certain pieces of armour
- Fixed issues with Custom Fit perk not working properly with certain pieces of armour
- Fixed issue with NPC dying in a bear trap blocking progress in ‘Time Of My Need’
- Fixed rare issue with swinging door becoming stuck and blocking an entrance in Volunruud
- Imperial Light Armour can now be crafted
- Fixed issue with ‘Vald’s Debt’ where Vald was not leveled properly
- Fixed issue with Vilkas not giving proper greeting after completing ‘Battle for Whiterun’
- Fixed issue with respawning actors that were raised by using the Ritual Stone power
- Fixed issue with the Ancient Knowledge perk not calculating properly
- The Palace of Kings now has patrolling guards on upper floors
- Reduce percentage chance of getting a werewolf loading screen while player is a werewolf
- Pantea’s flute is no longer a quest item after completing ‘Pantea’s Flute’
- Placing an unread Oghma Infinium on a bookshelf in the player’s house no longer allows the book to be reused again
- Adjusted dialogue priority to improve chances of hearing more combat dialogue from certain NPC enemies
- Fixed issue with falling damage on high difficulty levels
- Fixed bad collision on certain clutter objects
- Fixed rare instance of couriers who would appear only dressed in a hat